SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY (SR)
SR can be defined as the continuing commitment by academic institutions to behave ethically and contribute to the economic development, while at the same time improving the quality of life of the students, as well as the local community and society at large. In other words SR can be considered as a comprehensive set of policies, practices and programs that are integrated by the academic institution to make the students responsible towards society for current and past actions as well as future impacts. It simply implies the involvement in addressing the legal, ethical, commercial and other expectations which the society has for students and takes decisions which balance the claims of all stakeholders.
Working Agenda of Integration: the coming together of “hearts, minds and hands”. The principle of all progressive pedagogy which is about the integration of the emotional, the affective, the cognitive, and the practical.
By:- Dr. Lynne Chisholm
Lloyd Institute of Management & Technology (Pharm.) believes in giving back what it has gained from the communities. We consider the effect of our activities on the local community, and the CSR program very much reflects our commitment to operate in an environmentally sustainable and socially responsible manner. We aim to pursue our economic, social and environmental goals as one, keeping harmony with planet and people.
At Lloyds, we view Corporate Social Responsibility as more than an obligation—we consider it a part of our culture.
- The third IYD was celebrated in the Lloyd Campus, with faculty and students bending, stretching and twisting their bodies to different yogic asanas.
- Health Camp was organized in Lloyd campus on 26th November, 2016. The camp was held with an aim to provide free of cost medical service to the poor and needy across the nearby area.
- Lloyd organized Blood donation camp collecting 100 units of blood in association with Rotary Club.
- Educate a Child Initiative - Lloyd (Pharm) has been associated with an NGO Sunshine Society registered under Societies Registration Act 1860E.
- Here we sponsor one child’s education every year. We also donate our old newspaper and books from college towards education of underprivileged children.
Here are some of the upcoming events at Lloyds under social responsibility:
- Medical health checkup camp (World Pharmacist day) to be organised on 25 September 17
- Social awareness on Malaria, Viral, Dengue, Flu is to be incorporated by students of pharmacy in October.
- Dental Hygiene Check-up is to be organized on the occasion of World Smile Day on 6th October, 2017.
- Awareness about the arthiritis is to be given in rural areas by students on World Arthiritis Day with discussion on remedies of arthiritis.
- Global Hand Washing Day is to be observed on 15th October.2017 in schools by students of Pharmacy to aware school children about benefits of hand washing.
- Blood Donation camp to be organized in September 2017 in association with Rotary Club, Greater Noida.
- Lloyd is planning to adopt a nearby village with an aim to
- - tree plantation and beautification of the villages
- - visits in Govt. Schools for raising the bar of education
- - Discuss their problems and how Lloyd team could contribute in bringing revolution in the villages.
- - Organize free health checkup and distribute medicines to the villagers.