The Grievances Redressal Cell
The Grievance Redressal Cell (GRC) is responsible to settle any type of grievances raised by the faculty/staff members/students of the Institute. The committee is also authorized to initiate suo moto proceedings. The constitution of the committee is as follows:
|1.||Prof. Vandana Arora Sethi||Director||Chairperson|
|2.||Prof. Devender Pathak||Senior Professor of the Affiliating University||Member|
|3.||Dr. Chitra Gupta||Professor (Senior faculty)||Member|
|4.||Dr. Alok Bhardwaj||Professor (Senior faculty)||Member|
- The Grievance Redressal Committee shall consider only individual grievances of specific nature of faculty/staff members/studentsof the Institute raised individually by the concerned aggrieved employee/ student of the Institute.
- The Grievance Redressal Committee shall not consider any grievance of general applicability or of collective nature of raised collectively by more than one employee/ student.
- After receiving any application, the Committee will decide on the merit of case regarding scope of further discussion.
Concerned authorities are to ensure compliance and widespread circulation through sun boards, notices at strategic spots.
- The Grievance Committee will meet as and when required. However, if necessary, it may meet more frequently at the instance of the Chairperson or at the request of the other members to discuss the various issues received.
- At least three members of the Grievance Committee shall be present in a meeting.
- If a member of the Grievance Committee is connected with the grievance of the aggrieved individual, the concerned member of the Grievance Committee shall not participate in the deliberations regarding that individual's case.
- If the aggrieved person happens to be a member of the Grievance Committee, then he/she shall not participate in the deliberations as a member of the Committee when his/her representation is being considered.
- The Grievance Redressal Committee shall consider all grievances submitted in writing by an individual member of the Institute regarding employment/ association, working conditions and any other alleged injustice done to an employee/ student while discharging his/her duties at the Institute.
Procedure, Periodicity and Attendance at meetings:
- The aggrieved member shall submit his/her petition to the Convenor, Grievance Redressal Committee in a sealed envelope marked "confidential", along with supporting documents.
- The same can be submitted online through the Grievance Redressal link for employee and students given on the Institute’s website
Procedure of Submitting Grievance:
- The Grievance Redressal Committee shall study the petition/ application and after looking into the relevant documents discuss with persons/ departments concerned.
- The Grievance Redressal Committee may mediate between the complainant and defendant against whom the complaint has been made, if required, and the aggrieved person may take back the complaint.
- The Committee shall submit its recommendations and report to the Director as expeditiously as possible, but in no case is to take more than three months of the date of petition/application.
- In case of any difficulties, the Grievance Committee shall have discussion with the Director before a decision is taken.
- The director, as far as possible, shall be guided by the advice of the Grievance Redressal Committee unless the recommendations of Committee violate basic rules and norms of the Institute.
- After the recommendations are submitted to the Director, the final settlement of any grievance shall be made within a reasonable period (normally not exceeding two weeks).
- The decision of the Director shall be final and binding to all involved. Any dead-lock shall be resolved by the Director.
- In case of false and frivolous complaint (if proved), the Grievance Redressal Committee will recommend Competent Authority to take appropriate action against the complainant.