What is pharmacy all about?
Pharmacy is the study of the science of preparing and dispensing medical drugs. The study of Pharmacy extensively involves chemistry and pharmaceutics as the most important topics. Good knowledge of pharmacy furnishes a person with proper information about the kinds of medicines, their uses, their dosage and side effects. After covid-19 struck the world and brought down its economy, there has been a recession in every sector except healthcare. Not only that, the pharmaceutical industry is constantly expanding and generating a plethora of job opportunities for proficient candidates. The pharmaceutical industry deals with the discovery, development and production of formulation and the manufacturing of various Pharmaceutical drugs which are meant to be used as medicines. It is also concerned with the various regulations, policies and laws related to safeguarding the judicious use of drugs.
Studying pharmacy at present
The covid affected world has seen a sustained increase in the popularity of Pharmacy, especially at the postgraduate level. The significance of Pharmacy as a discipline originates from the increase in the demand for better healthcare facilities by the masses at present. Owing to these reasons, there is still an incredibly high demand for qualified and dedicated pharmaceutical experts. The curriculum for pharmaceutical education comprises various medical subjects that give a piece of in-depth knowledge to students about drugs and manufacturing testing. This broadly covers the preparation of drugs from scratch to retailing them for consumption by the consumers or end-users. If you are planning for career in pharmacy Enroll for Pharmacy Course
Pursuing a postgraduate degree in pharmacy
Pursuing M Pharm is not a piece of cake for it requires diligence and dedication. Pursuing pharmacy at the postgraduate level not only hones a person's analytical skills but also bestows on them the ability to use their gleaned expertise to work efficiently in a practical field. M Pharm or master of pharmacy is a postgraduate degree that is awarded to a candidate after two years of rigorous study in the field of Pharmacy at the postgraduate level. For those candidates who have a knack for higher studies, research and development or would like to narrow down their field of interest pursuing an M.Pharm is the right choice. Masters of Pharmacy lets a student specialise in any subject of his choice like-
- M Pharm Pharmaceutics
- Medicinal Chemistry
- Drug Regulatory Affairs
- Pharmaceutical Biotechnology
- Clinical Pharmacy
- Drug Discovery and Drug Development
- Master of Public Health
- Pharmaceutical Administration
- Pharmaceutical Analysis and Quality Assurance
- Pharmaceutical market & Management
- Pharmaceutical Technology
- Pharmacy Practices
- Phytopharmaceuticals & Natural Products
- Quality Assurance
Benefits of pursuing M Pharm
- Evolve advanced knowledge and skills- In a career of this nature, a person will be regularly learning and improving the understanding of medicine and how to improve their assessment and treatment of various illnesses. Moreover, a person will also gain additional specialist skills like effective professional communication, operation of Pharmaceutical instrumentation and an apprehensive knowledge of the law and ethical concerns relating to the supply of medicines.
- Job stability- An M pharm Degree will allow a person to secure a good job in the global market. Statistics say that almost 98% of pharmacy students attain employment within 6 months of graduating with their degree.
- Adaptable career options - As already mentioned before, the master of Pharmacy allows a person a wide range of subjects to specialise in. This can lead to a variety of job roles. One may venture forth into the fields of research of former pharmacologists commerce toxicologists with the help of this degree
- Gain access to different industries- Because this discipline ensures a variety of job roles, it automatically lets a person gain access to various industries and fields like business, sales, healthcare, education, etc.
- Scope in an emerging field- There are various emerging feels like consultancy, market research which also demand an M.Pharm degree
- Lucrative salary- A M.Pharm graduate is often blessed with a job that not only pays well but also gifts good progression opportunities to the employee.
Pros and cons of pursuing an M.Pharm from Delhi NCR-
- Delhi is one of the busiest metropolitan cities in India hence students pursuing Pharm from the Delhi NCR region will get accustomed to the Metropolitan lifestyle
- Students will get more socio-cultural exposure, networking possibilities if they pursue an M.Pharm from the Delhi NCR owing to the diverse opportunities this educational capital provides
- This city has a wide range of career prospects better placements internships industrial tours and facilities
- Delhi harbours the most prestigious Institutions like AIIMS, etc besides is the hub of the high ranked government institutions. This lets the students attain a comprehensive approach to education.
- The scope of exploring new professional parts and possibilities to avail them is high in the City
- There is a high convenience of commuting
- Not to forget the Well-built infrastructure from a Grass root level besides The corporate pervaded ambience
- Delhi NCR region has plenty of options of colleges to choose from
- Since Delhi is deemed to be one of the most polluted cities, students may suffer from health hazards
- Lifestyle is pretty costly in Delhi NCR
- Rendered unsafe for women or girl students during the night
- Unbridgeable gap between the upper and middle class and shrewd comments passed for the same that may take a toll on the mental peace of many students
- Lack of proper food and lodging if not provided by the institution itself
Top Government M.Pharm colleges in Delhi NCR-
|Name of the Institution||Fees|
|Jamia Hamdard||Rs 3,70,000|
|Delhi Pharmaceutical Sciences and Research University||Rs 1,23,600|
|Maharshi Dayanand University, Rohtak||Rs 66,200|
|KR Mangalam University, Gurgaon||Rs 2,22,000|
|Ram Gopal College of Pharmacy, Gurgaon||Rs 2,00,000|
|Gurugram University, Gurgaon||Rs 1,00,000|
Top Private M.Pharm Colleges in Delhi NCR-
|Name of the Institution||Fees|
|Amity University, Noida||Rs 2,80,000|
|ITS, Ghaziabad||Rs 1,50,000|
|Monad University, Hapur||Rs 1,40,000|
|SDPC, Ghaziabad||Rs 2,00,900|
|Apeejay Stya University, Gurgaon||Rs 5,20,000|
|Sunrise University, Alwar||Rs 1,42,000|
|Galgotias University, Greater Noida||Rs 1,50,000|
|KIET, Ghaziabad||Rs 2,56,000|
|IIMT University, Meerut||Rs 1,86,000|
|GD Goenka University, Gurgaon||Rs 2,60,000|
Eligibility to pursue M.Pharm:
- Minimum 50% in their B. Pharm from any recognised university
- One can even take various entrance tests like JPAT< OJEE< etc. conducted by separate institutions
- The admission may also be merit-based in which case the requirement of the particular college you are seeking admission to must be fulfilled.
Must-Have requirements of The Institution
- It must be accredited by a good university
- Must have a good placement records
- Must own a good infrastructure
- The faculty must have sufficient experience and qualifications
- The institution must be affordable
In terms of prestige and recognition, the pharmaceutical industry provides the most rewarding career. If you are someone who has an intense desire to help people with your work, being a pharmacist will help you fulfil that Desire of yours the best thing about this field is that it is universal which means that the skills that a person cleans during their degree can be applied or utilized anywhere in the world.